Things to consider before starting a website!
So...you've reached the point in your companies developement that you think you need a website. If done right, a website can be the most powerful tool in your marketing arsenal. But launching a new website can be a bit daunting, especially if this is your first time. So here are "just a few" things to consider before you rush into it and get in over your head.
- What will be the primary use for the site? - your list of needs
- Do you need to collect payments online? - SSL or Merchant Account
- Will there be any reason for you or your customers to have an online account? - databases?
- Will you be updating often? - pictures, events, or news headlines
Your "Like List"
- Competitor sites - sites that offer similar services
- Preferred color scheme - try to stay within two or three complimentary colors
- Content to fill each page - think PowerPoint, it's a precursor to a web site
- Preferred layout/design style - top or side navigation? flashy or business?
- Start organizing photos that pertain to your company - beware copyright rules
- LOGOS - the higher quality the better - vector if you can manage
- This list should include every page you need produced - About - Products - Partners - Contacts - News/Events - Etc.